Would you like to join a team that makes a difference by restoring sight to others?
We are focused on our purpose of restoring eyesight, and we’re always looking for passionate and innovative people to join our team. To be successful at Advancing Sight Network, you need a commitment to teamwork and a desire to practice integrity and excellence in your work. Every team member has an impact on the people we serve, and we hope you’ll consider being part of our life saving work.
Medical Chart Review position available in Birmingham, AL.
This rewarding job is based at the Advancing Sight Network office in Birmingham, AL. This team member will play a vital role in our mission to restore sight locally and globally by determining donor eligibility for the donation of corneal tissue. The position includes working in an excellent team environment, competitive pay and amazing benefit package.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Determine donor eligibility including follow up to donor risk assessment interview questionnaires, autopsy reports, physician and medical records
- Review serology reports
- Review donor file status to ensure all pertinent documentation is included in the donor file
- Assist with statistical information reports
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
- 2 years experience in reviewing eligibility in medical charts
- Excellent communication skills with peers and hospital personnel